Friday, October 19, 2007

Aaron's Rod that budded Numbers 17

Numbers 17:8 "And it came to pass, that on the morrow Moses went into the tabernacle of witness: and behold the rod of Aaron for the house of Levi was budded and brought forth buds, and bloomed blossoms, and yielded almonds."

The rods were dead sticks they carried around with them.

Aaron's priesthood had been questioned. Now, it was reestablished. Aaron's rod alone budded and yielded fruit. So, Aaron's rod that budded is a type of Christ in that of all those dead sticks placed in the tabernacle only one came back to life.

Of all the religious leaders and founders of religion, only Christ arose from the dead. He is well able to take life back from death and to give life anew.

Aaron's rod was placed in the ark as a testimony.

v5 "And it shall come to pass, that the man's rod, whom I shall choose, shall blossom: and I will make to cease from me the murmurings of the children of Israel, whereby they murmur against you.

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."

Bible Study

No comments: