Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Benjamin I Chronicles 8

I Chronicles 8:40 "And the son of Ulam were mighty men of valour, archers and hand many sons, and sons' sons, an hundred and fifty. All these are of the sons of Benjamin."

As the headings tell me in one of my study Bibles, this chapter goes from Benjamin to Saul. It gets a little confusing for me because it is broken down by who lived where. It does go to Saul in verse 33.

v33 "And Ner begat Kish and Kish begat Saul, and Saul begat Jonathan, and Malchi-shua, and Abinadab, and Esh-baal."

We remember these names. Saul was the first king of Israel and Jonathan was David's friend.

I Samuel chapter 14 has more narrative about these men. Again, I think the significance of this chapter is to establish the family history and the history of their possessions for even though they are in captivity. They know the promise that they will return someday.

Psalm 54:10 "The young lion do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing."

Keywords: Old Testament, Bible Study, Chronicles, Benjamin, Saul. Establishing the line of Benjamin to Saul.

No comments: