Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Job Prays Job 10

Job 10:1 "My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. v2 I will say unto God, Do not condemn me; show me wherefore thou contendest with me."

Job goes through several stages in his verbal expression of what is going on in his mind and heart. In previous chapters, he has said he would not speak or that it was useless, seeing the vast difference between man and God. At least, that is what I picked up. Now he says he will speak but he seems to be in a demanding mood with God and we know that will not work. Yet even then Job recognizes that he is the creation and that God is the creator.

v9-12 "Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again? Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese? Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews. Thou hast granted me life and favor, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit."

As Job prays, it seems he is given some light concerning his situation. Then he goes on to lament that it would have been better if he had not been born.

v19 "I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave."

We must remember that Job is tormented in his body, that he has lost his children and his property. It seems his friends are not who he thought them to be, for they assume right off that Job must be sinful to have received such punishment. The answers are further on.

Proverbs 14:10 "The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy."

Job prays.

Previous post.

No comments: