Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Babylon - Isaiah 21

Isaiah 21:9 "And behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground."

Babylon was a city as well as an empire. Babylon has a part in prophecy as well. Some think it is a world system or some other nation that is predominant and predominantly sinful in the last days.

I do not personally know which it is but I have taken an interest in Dubai lately. But that is just me. It is a member of the United Arab Emirates and although it is very old, it has begun to grow tremendously in the last decade.

Here we are talking about the original city of Babylon though, I believe.

v1 "The burden of the desert of the sea, As whirlwinds, in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land. v2 A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer dealeth trecherously, and the spoiler spolieth. Go up, O Elam; besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease."

As for the future Babylon we can read in Revelation 14:8 "And there followed another angel saying Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication." Referring to unfaithfulness toward God and going after worldly things.

Daniel is also a good source to read for Daniel was in the midst of the happenings.

v10 "O my threshing, and the corn of my floor; that which I have heard of the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel have I declared unto you."

See also Babel.

No comments: