Thursday, January 14, 2010

Watchman - Isaiah 56

Isaiah 56:10 "His watchmen are blind; they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber."

The mystery will be revealed and the time is drawing near. v1 "Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice; for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed."

In spite of the present trouble, they are encouraged to hang on, to keep doing the right thing for just a little while longer.

There is hope given to the stranger and the eunuchs as well.

v3 "Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people; neither let the eunuch say, Behold I am a dry tree."

For the stranger they will be gathered together and as for the faithful eunuch there will be a place in with an everlasting name.

Verse 7 tells the reward: "Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people." I think the key phrase here is 'for all people'.

What must they do to receive this reward? It is in the previous verse.

v6 "Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;"

It reminds me again of the story Jesus told about the wedding where those who were invited would not come so the king sent out to bring in those of the highways and byways. It is found in
Matthew 22:2-14.

No comments: