Friday, September 10, 2010

River Too Wide & Lots of Fish - Ezekiel 47

Ezekiel 47 : 5 "Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over; for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over."

I saw the Mississippi at the mouth where it runs into the gulf. The waters are wide and move with the force of hundreds of miles of water behind it. It was frightening and magnificent at the same time. If it had not been muddy, it might have been a good comparison to this river.

v2 "Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side."

I'm thinking this is a clouded picture of the New Jerusalem we read about in Revelation. I should back up and get the first verse.

v1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward; for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar."

We are often pointed eastward in these passages. Ever looking toward the place where the prince is to stand.

Revelation 22:1 "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."

In Ezekiel, a man is showing Ezekiel these things, in Revelation, a man is showing John. I don't think he was an ordinary man though.

The rest of the chapter deals with dividing the land for the twelve tribes.

I did like one passage especially. It was about the fish in the river. My son, in heaven, would like this.

v10 "And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many."

From Engedi to Eneglaim, I might could catch a fish there.

No comments: