Monday, July 16, 2007

Oblation Chapter 2

Leviticus 2:1 "And when any will offer a meat offering unto the Lord, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:"

Outline:

v1 The meat offering of flour with oil and incense
v4 either baken in the oven
v5 or on a plate
v7 or in a frying pan
v12 or of the firstfruits in the ear
v13 The salt of the meat offering.

Oblation: an offering to God
Meet: fit, suitable, worthy
Meat: when mentioned in the Bible, never means flesh. The word is used to denote any other kind of food. The meat-offering was always a vegetable offering, a cake made of flour and oil.

As I read this chapter, I was pleased with how it sounded sort of like how we prepare a meal ordered to our liking. Some bread with oil, some corn dried by the fire, some frankincense which seems like putting in a little spice. Several ways to cook it are given. I like the frying pan the best or baked by the fire.

I'm glad I read this chapter.

Psalm 110: 21-22 "But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy name's sake; because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me."

No comments: