Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Here Am I. Send Me" Isaiah 6

Isaiah 6:8-9 "Also I heard the voice of the LORD, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not."

We get a glimpse into heaven itself in this chapter and I must say, it can be a frightening thing when we consider our unworthiness as Isaiah did. I for one, would not want to face Him without the blood of Jesus on my soul.

v1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple v2 Above it stood the seraphims; each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly."

The peoples understanding is to be clouded by Isaiah. Here is where I have a little trouble. It is the same feeling I used to get when working algebra. The problem seems impossible then it would come to me somehow.

I believe the understanding of the people was to be darkened so that the previous prophecies and judgments could be fulfilled.

Deuteronomy 28:64 "And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shall serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone." Also Neh 1:8

I cannot explain this, although I know the LORD knows the future. I think of the price Jesus paid. He preached to his people and did many miracles, yet it seems only a few believed. He was crucified so that everyone could seek salvation and not just the nation Israel. So, if he had not been rejected by his own people, we would not have had salvation. One thing we must always consider while studying the Bible: when God says a thing will happen, it will happen.

v11 "Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, v12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land."

Then the promise: v13 "But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return..."

So we must remember that this was Isaiah during the time of the carrying away to captivity. We have already studied how they came back and started to rebuild Jerusalem.

I should note that I am not a Bible prophecy expert. I recommend seeing the links I have on the right for much more learned men than myself to get a deeper understand here.

No comments: