Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dry Bones - Ezekiel 37

Ezekiel 37:1 "The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones."

People often seek a sign in spiritual things but I doubt we could take such a sign as Ezekiel got.

To be picked up and put down in a valley full of bones would be shocking to me.

I like this chapter because it shows that what is impossible with men, is very possible with the Lord. He can take what seems completely used up and revive it.

v4 "Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD."

I don't find it strange, but some might, that in a previous chapter we heard the Lord telling Ezekiel to prophesy to the mountains that they would be filled with people again and now that these bones would live again.

v7 "So, I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone."

I see a glimpse of resurrection day for the saints. Our loved ones who have gone to the grave will some day be pulled together to rise from the grave in an instant. Nothing is too hard for God.

v9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live."

Nothing is too hard for God.

v13 "And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves."

The balance of the chapter talks about the reunion of Judah and Israel into one nation again under one king. A grand day it shall be.

No comments: