Thursday, August 12, 2010

Seir - Ezekiel 35

Ezekiel 35:5 "Because thou hast had a perpetual hatred, and hast shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force of the sword in the time of their calamity, in the time that their iniquity had an end:"

Seir is an area extending from the Dead Sea to the Red Sea and was occupied by the descendants of Esau. Seir also sometimes means Edom.

So the old hatred is still alive here. While Israel is weak from the chastisement of God, Esau takes advantage. But they are called on their transgression.

v15 "As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir and all Idumea, even all of it: and they shall know that I am the LORD. "

It is a saying that I have heard often, 'I may discipline my own but they are mine, so hands off.'

Israel had a special place in the heart of God but he still cares what goes on in other nations.

v13 "Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard them."

No comments: