Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Life and Death Deuteronomy 30

If you vote on the survey, I know someone has been here. Thanks.

Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"

Moses here gives a final warning to Israel. The thing is, if they will obey God they will live long on the land but if not they will be scattered.

Later, we will study about how they were carried away in captivity. They did not obey.

Even if they are dispersed there is hope, for the Lord says he will bring them back when they return to the Lord in their hearts.

v10 "If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul."

It is like Moses is saying 'I know you are going to go after other gods but I wish you wouldn't for your own sakes'.

Generations of people seem to loose their way as time goes on. These people who are crossing over Jordan are a different generation from those who were carried away captive. We go from Jordan to the kings and find that some of them were not true to the LORD. ' But before we reach the fulfillment of that prophecy (II Kings 24-25), we get to see some glorious days when Israel did honor God.

Psalms 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."



No comments: