Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Post 15 Flood Details

Some details from Chapter 7 of Genesis about the Flood.
Noah and his three sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth and the wives of all four were saved in the ark. It rained for 40 days and 40 nights. The waters prevailed upon the earth 150 days. Verse 22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. It is key to note that the word 'nostrils' is used and that every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground v23. I can find nothing about the fish of the sea since they breath differently and are not upon the face of ground. My feeling is that the fish survived the flood.

Noah was 600 years old when the flood was on the earth. V11 which I have not checked against my rough chart in a previous post.

I know people have questions about fitting all those creatures in the ark and feeding them. I really do not understand the logistics of putting all that in the space available. I use to load trucks and I now a lot will fit where it seems impossible. I was also on the USS New Orleans for several months with several thousand people. Even on that ship, which was much smaller than the USS Enterprise, the below deck hangar was huge. So huge in fact that the captain's airplane sat in a corner and looked like a toy from the other side. Even though I was on it for several months, I never got around to exploring the entire ship. I can also tell you that seeing nothing but water for weeks on end would bring cheers from the men when even a small island of land would appear. A hundred and fifty days is a long time to see nothing but water. But it seems that Noah could not look out at even the water until the window was opened. Next chapter 8.

No comments: