Thursday, November 16, 2006

Exodus 10 "Not an Hoof be left Behind"

Pharaoh is trying to bargain with Moses and God. He wants them to leave the cattle behind while they go worship. I guess Pharaoh wants to make sure they come back. If you have been reading, you noticed that Pharaoh has gradually given in to some of the commands but complete deliverance is the only thing that will do.

Exodus 10:1-2 "And the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might show these my signs before him: And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the Lord."

Pharaoh refused and the next plague came upon Egypt. Locust infested the land and all that was left from the hail was devoured by the locust. I can attest to the power of locust, they can strip a tree of its leaves in a very short time. The locust were in Egypt to the point of not being able to see the ground. v5.

Finally in v7 Pharaoh's serants begged him to let the Hebrews go for they said "...knowest thou not yet that Egypt is destroyed?"

Then the plague of darkness came upon the land. v22 "...a thick darkness...v23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days..." But israel had light.

As the plagues come to an end with only one terrible plague left Pharaoh told Moses if he saw him again he would die.

Moses reply: v29 "And Moses said, Thou hast spoken well, I will see thy face again no more."

Chapter 11 follows and is a summary and a preparation to depart Egypt. Then the final plague.

Speaking of Moses:
Hebrews 11:27 "By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible."

No comments: