Monday, June 22, 2009

Job's Speech Part 2 Job 27

Job 27 : 6-7 "God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me. My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go; my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live."

Job talks here of the wicked but in the first part he is basically saying that he will remain as he is and not change his mind or his ways.

v3 "All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; v4 My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit."

I think that is a good attitude to have. What I picked up on and could be wrong about is that Job was saying that he would not forgive his friend. "God forbid that I should justify you.." Of course Job could not even if he wanted to. But I think he might also have been saying that he would not agree with what his friend was saying and therefore justify his remarks.

The balance of this part of Job's parable is concerning the wicked and in this vain: v13 "This is the portion of a wicked man with God, and the heritage of oppressors, which the shall receive of the Almighty."

I know these things are written for our benefit but I would be hesitate to try to go into detail about what God thinks. From observation, Job must have had some examples to support his pronouncements about the wicked. I'm glad grace intervened for us.

v23 "Men shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place."

Romans 3:23-24 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"

We will continue with Job's parable in the next chapter.

Previous study post

No comments: