Monday, June 21, 2010

Morning is Come - Ezekiel 7

Ezekiel 7:10 "Behold the day, behold, it is come; the morning is gone forth; the rod hath blossomed, pride hath budded."

"...ye shall know that I am the LORD."

We live in a time when there is a lot of nonchalant (Webster: giving an effect of unconcern or indifference) attitude toward the Bible and the awesomeness of God. I had a friend once, whom I had been trying to get to come to church, tell me that 'he and God had a deal worked out', as if he could elevate himself to a position of negotiation with God.

Although, (I am thankful) Jesus was God and is God, and came down to fulfill the plan of salvation through his blood on the cross and his victory over death and the grave, we should remember that God is God and we are his creation. When he says that a day will come when every knee shall bow to Him, He is not giving us a multiple choice question. He is stating a fact.

In this passage, we are at the end of all the warnings. The debate is over. Judgment has come.

v2 "Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land."

The day of repentance was yesterday, today is the day of judgment.

v3 "Now is the end come upon thee, and I will send mine anger upon thee, and will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense upon thee all thine abominations."

Thank God for salvation. I know I will surely fall upon my face at the judgment. I hope that He will lift me up as he did the prophets so that I might stand. I long to see his face and understand those things I have not understood. It will be an awesome day when the stain of sin is stripped away and we can see clearly.

This chapter is filled with words to describe the end that has come:

v7 "..morning is come..." Morning can be a great time unless there is something that you have to do on that day that you have been dreading. I was so upset on the day of my appointment to have what I knew was cancer, checked out that I could not get out of bed. I had to go another day.

v10 "Behold, the day, behold, it is come, the morning is gone forth; the rod hath blossomed, pride hath budded."

v11 "Violence is risen...v12 The time is come, the day draweth near..."

v14 "They have blown the trumpet... v15 The sword is without..."

v23 "Make a chain; for the land is full of bloody crimes, and the city is full of violence."

There are many things going on in our country that are displeasing to God. I know this because the Bible speaks against those things. Truth does not change. People's opinions change but the truth abides.

No doubt, when judgment comes people will turn the palms of their hands up and say "what'd I do" but it will be too late on that day.

v27 "...they shall know that I am the LORD."

No comments: