Wednesday, June 16, 2010

They Shall Know... - Ezekiel 6

Ezekiel 6:14 "So will I stretch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate, yea, more desolate than the wilderness toward Diblath, in all their habitations: and they shall know that I am the LORD."

The people have forgotten. In one place, it says that the people have turned their back toward the Lord. A nation that has known God is more likely (or so it seems to me in scripture) to reap the judgment of God. It would take many scriptures to explain what I mean by that.

In this chapter, there is a description of the horror of judgment upon Israel. Some nations, like people, seem to harden themselves even more rather than learn from chastisement. It is sad.

The one theme that starts in this chapter is the phrase "they shall know that I am the LORD..." it is repeated over and over.

v3 "And say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God; Thus saith the Lord God to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a swrod upon you, and I will destroy your high places."

The high places are where Israel worshipped idols.

No comments: